Hiring Line Stats:
Offers Accepted: 5
Interviews Advanced: 5
1st Interviews: 17
1. Barbara Limmer’s client S. landed a newer job before she even started the first one! In less than three months, she had accepted an offer from an electric vehicle company, but that job required her to relocate. This other position is a much better fit for her and allows her to work fully remote. Paula Nordhoff was tremendously helpful and met with S. several times both for interview prep and offer negotiation for the offer, but this position happened quickly, and we didn’t learn about it until she had accepted it and had questions about her background check. The new one is a Product Manager for a solar technology company. Her previous role had been Manager in Auto Planning & Strategy at a motor company. Comp was negotiated up $10K to a final of $180K. She was placed by an executive recruiter.
2. Asli Bilgin’s client U. is now Head of Strategic Planning for a car company, having previously served as Head of Strategic Planning. Asli paints the picture: “U. is moving internally to another business unit at the company at the same level – in line to replace the VP, who is retiring in 2-3 years. This is a new business about circular economy which U. wanted and is very excited about, so he’s decided to focus his efforts on making this a success and landing the VP role, versus looking for a job outside. We will treat this move as Phase 3 to ensure his success while continuing with ongoing external career management.”
3. Lori Chevalier’s client D. lands at a marketing agency as Director of Business Development, then transitioning to the VP position. He was previously CEO at a media company in the Advertising & Marketing sector; he has moved to Media & Entertainment. He put his training to good use in the negotiations, sweetening the deal from $150K to $165K.
4. Debbie Brupbacher’s client M. made his move and is now Manager of an oil paint company. He had been Global Director Sales Indirect Channels for a production company in Manufacturing.
5. Anne Lipsitz’s client H. has accepted the offer from a merger company for the role of Director of Marketing – Brand Management. She’ll be working remote. H. previously served as Sr. Advertising Strategy and Production Manager. Anne brings us up to speed: “H. had the full TBG team assisting with her success, especially Barbara Limmer and her Interview Lab program.” H.’s negotiation concluded with $150K, plus at home office/computer, 25% bonus. Anne told the Client Concierge that the best part of this story is that this opportunity came as the result of a job posting. H. was in a pool of 500 applicants, only seven of which were interviewed. H. had two conversations with the CEO, He called her references, and said, “I’m sold” and gave her the offer!
1. Lori Chevalier’s client B. at a consulting and management company for consultant. B. interviewed a month ago and then again last week.
2. Lori Chevalier’s client A. at an apparel company for exploratory conversations. This is a high-level role, Director level from UNP1-Social Capital. “A. had a secondary exploratory call with an Executive VP at the company. He indicated they have a high-level opening. He stated the next step would be for him to send over the resume and schedule a call with another individual for her to converse with!”
3. Julie Mathern’s client M. at a fire protection service for VP of Finance from UNP1-Social Capital. M. says: “My prior boss talked to me two weeks ago and I mentioned that I would like to meet the team sooner rather than later. So, they flew me there for four meetings yesterday. He texted me today that everybody liked me and, in the text, he asked when I can start, and whether I can give him my ballpark comp.”
4. Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client R. at a global company for General Manager from UNP1-Social Capital. After two interviews with HR and one with the Functional Head, R. is pleased to report that the interviews went fine, and he expects to be shortlisted for the final interview with the decision-makers next week.
5. Asli Bilgin’s client E. at a healthcare company for Head of Medical Affairs from UNP1-Social Capital.
1. Client Q at a healthcare company for VP of Corporate Development from UNP1-Social Capital.
2. Julie Mathern’s client M. at a healthcare company for Design Manager. “I received an email this morning, they want a 20–30-minute interview with me this week.”
3. Julie Mathern’s client K. at a credit card company for Director.
4. Asli Bilgin’s client S. at a healthcare company for COO.
5. Joan Sebring’s client O. at a nonprofit company for Global Director of Talent Development from UNP2-LinkedIn.
6. Vivek Agarwal’s client J. at a computer consultant company for SVP of Sales from UNP1-Social Capital.
7. Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client D. at a construction company for GM from UNP1-Social Capital.
8. Lori Chevalier’s client P. had several interviews:
-First at an investment firm for Senior Mgr.
-Next at a local cabinet company for a management role.
-Lastly at a tax service company for a senior manager role.
9. Lori Chevalier’s client L. at a creative writing company for Creative Director from UNP1-Social Capital.
10. Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client P. at a food organization for Senior Economist. The regional office contacted P. based on the internal job application.
11. Lori Chevalier’s client M. in the education sector for Risk Manager – Facility & Operations from UNP1-Social Capital.
12. Asli Bilgin’s client B. has several interviews.
-First at a pharmaceutical company for Head of Vaccines from UNP1-Social Capital.
-Next at a biopharmaceutical company for Regional Medical Director from UNP1-Social Capital.
13. George Schulz’s client R. for a high-level sales position from UNP1-Social Capital.
14. Vivek Agrawal’s client C. at a biotech company for IT Director.
1. Client C. posted a Google review about working with The Barrett Group-
“Hesitant at first, but then – results proved me wrong! I had the privilege of working with Tatiana Miaskiewicz and Jayson Searle as I was pursuing a move. I came to The Barrett Group completely stuck with my job search, feeling stagnant without any results. In just three short months, I was able to land over four interviews and had two strong offers with top firms. Prior to working with The Barrett Group, I spoke to a few other companies seeking help in my job search. It was very clear from the start that Barrett took time to make sure I was with the correct coaches/consultants. I am very happy I made the decision to sign with The Barrett Group and would encourage anyone looking to make a career move to consider doing the same.”
2. Client P. to Isabelita Castilho-
“Thanks for the recap, and mostly for the knowledge shared today in our call. I had an interview with a recruiter today and I was able to use the skills discussed today in the call. They were timely and useful! For example, everything related to flexibility and not under/over selling myself.”
3. Client A. to Isablita-
“Good morning, Isabelita! The interview with the executive recruiter went well! She told me all about the company and the internal structure. The recruiter loved my resume and the experience I have. Again, thanks to you and the TBG team! Thanks for all your help! I greatly appreciate it.”
4. Client D. to Paula Nordhoff-
“Well, it looks like I’m on to round 2!! It wasn’t the hiring manager I interviewed with though… I may have misunderstood that… But many thanks to you, the coaching prep really helped!”
5. George Schulz shares these comments from client B. about his interactions with Christina Taylor-
“I just wanted to pass along the gist of the comments made to me today by my client B. While I was out of office for two weeks, he made four research requests. Today he wanted to pass along his great appreciation, especially to @Christina Taylor for the very timely, accurate and helpful research he received. Thanks very much, Christina!!”
6. Here is another Google review posted by Client G. about working with Tatiana Miaskiewicz-
“I’ve been working with my coach over the past few weeks as part of the Clarity Program offered by TBG. It was an eye-opening experience, and I am walking away from these first sessions with my eyes open for opportunities, and lots of clarity on my vision and goals ahead.”