Hiring Line Stats:
Offers Accepted: 12
Offers Received: 8
Interviews Advanced: 12
1st Interviews: 23
Interview with Recruiter: 1
1. Anne Lipsitz’s client N. is first in line and has accepted the offer from an agribusiness company. He will be their new COO. He was previously working as executive VP of operations & technology in the Financial Services industry. N. will work totally remote, bucking some of the latest trends. Comp is $275K with 50% bonus. This was from UNP2-LinkedIn. Anne tells us: “N. was a hard-working, diligent client who followed TBG process and landed!”
2. Then Anne teamed up with client concierge, Waffles Natusch, in order to give client H. the extra push to the finish line! She will now take the reins as Director of Marketing for an advisory company, where she will be working remotely.
She moves from Automotive to Advertising & Marketing, having previously served as Sr. Advertising Strategy and Production Manager. This one was from a job posting, and H. followed our strategy and was able to negotiate a 25% increase in salary, settling in at a comfortable $150K.
3. Lori Chevalier’s client M. accepted the offer from a health insurance agency for the position of VP-Software Development Life Cycle on the technology team. After some negotiation, the comp plan came in at $225K and 25% bonus $56K + $50K sign on + holiday bonus +$330K PLUS after consulting with Waffles Natusch on best approaches for her non-compete of 2 years.
Lori tells the tale:
“M. is a wonderful client, beautiful spirit, and a very strong woman. She was asked to stay on in her current role, at the heart of her career change, to restructure the company.
It was a big task, and she achieved all the goals and exceeded their expectations. She knew the father and worked with him over the years and reached out to the son as part of the networking homework. Through this, she cultivated social capital, and her timing was perfect as she was in the right place at the right time. It took a few months to come to fruition, but in the end, it resulted in a career change with career growth.”
This was from UNP1-Social Networking.
4. Next Lori’s client R. accepted an offer within two months of orientation. The title is President of Urban Complex in the Construction sector. And the salary is $165K. He was previously working remotely for a business company as a Program Director/Construction Manager. Vivek Agarwal was the SME on this one, which was from the published market.
5. Debbie Brupbacher’s client C. is now SVP General Manager at an automotive company, having left his role as Senior VP and GM of Energy Transition and Digital. This was from UNP1-Human Capital. Former comp was 420CHF base + 410 CHF LTI; the new deal is 760CHF plus LTI over 3 years. Debbie elucidates: “The company had contacted him six months prior for a different role, for which they ended up going internal. He kept in contact, and when he phoned this role was available. He turned down another offer with the energy company for this role.”
6. Julie Mathern’s client E. landed in under three months at an employment company as Chief of Legal Operations. He had been Executive Director/Shareholder at a law firm. Although the job is remote, he travels extensively. Initial offer was $560K; successfully negotiated up to $585K. Julie notes, “E. landed quite quickly. He has kept in touch with colleagues at the law firm he first joined out of law school. His friend introduced him to the managing partner. E. has been working for their main competitor. Through their discussions, E. shared how having a role focused on managing the business of the law firm was important for growth and success. They liked the idea and created a new position for him.”
7. Asli Bilgin’s has many clients accept offers. Clients V., J., D., S., A., and F.
-First client V. landed in just over three months, at a consulting company as their new Technology Advisor. He had been Head of Market Strategy at a real estate company. And he has made a career change from Real Estate to the Management Consulting sector. His new comp will be €364.
-Next client J. has worked out the details and will be moving his family to take on his new role with a publishing company as Managing Director. His old job was VP Journals in the Media & Entertainment. Negotiation was provided because the planned new tax laws in the new country would result in him taking a drop in comp to take a promotion. And his role was paying €378. They agreed to current salary + 40%, recovering the tax & bonus.
-Third client D. snagged a position as Senior Director Sales & Business Operations job at an IT company. He had been Senior Director Digital Marketing & eCommerce for a previous company. He migrates from Medical Devices & Equipment to Information Technology & Services. This is another UNP1. Asli expounds, “D. negotiated base salary from 125 to 130K, bonus of 35K was fully company results based, turned to 50% company and 50% individual contribution; pension contribution from 50% to 75% which is a +250 net per month. He is very happy with this role!”
-Next client S. made partner at a risk management company, promoted from Associate Partner, so he no longer has to travel and can remain working from his home base.
-Then client A. is now Head of Region for a network provider company having left an Associate Director role at another network provider company. He had started as a consultant at €10K per month. And he negotiated a permanent role at €260K with a large bonus. Then he found this opportunity through an executive recruiter.
-Last but not least, client F. landed within three months at a lab company as Head of Business Development. He had been CEO of a lab previously; he remains in the Hospitals, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals sector. Comp will be €230- with service agreement. Asli lays out the deal: “As the company is based in a different country, F. negotiated to be on contract basis (12 months) to allow himself to follow other opportunities & his businesses next to this one. He is given the mandate and autonomy to build the business and grow as much as he can. Then he had a target to attend a conference representing his new company and he achieved it! And he followed the TBG methodology and approached executives at the company through LI (UNP2) and secured himself a role. Excellent execution of the program.”
1. Isabelita Castilho’s client S. from a tire manufacturing company for Regional Sales Manager from UNP1. He was a Consumer Director for another tire company. Through reaching out to referrals and social capital diligently, client has landed an offer.
2. Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client M. had two interviews:
-First at a family-owned bakery for Consultant /Advisor. This will be Remote / Hybrid. His former company was a healthcare company. M. was introduced to the company’s owner by one of his social capital contacts (UNP1) for possible collaboration and exploring partnership opportunities. The owner has asked R. to support the family business as a Consultant / Production Advisor. The offer received is expected to be finalized in the coming week.
3. Second at a family-owned business for Technical Advisor/ Consultant. M. planning to set up his bakery, was referred to a target company/ potential partner. During an informational meeting (UNP1) with the Group CEO of this large family-owned business to explore start-up operations elsewhere. M. was offered the opportunity to collaborate as a potential partner for future operations and invited to act as their Consultant/ Advisor for a fee to be agreed upon on a daily/hourly rate.
4. Next Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client R. has several interviews.
-First at a pharmaceutical company for Business Analytics Manager. Former was Professional Education Manager and Strategic Skills Trainer for another large pharmaceutical company. R. has been informed of her selection, and a formal offer is being finalized. Her social capital (UNP1) referred R. to the hiring company, and the CEO decided to finalize her appointment after the first meeting.
-Next at a pharmacy for Head of Commercial & Operations. R. was excited to inform that she has received a call from the hiring company regarding her selection, and a formal offer is under process for further discussion. R. cleared three interviews and presentations with the hiring company and was very optimistic about landing the opportunity created based on her value proposition to the hiring company during a (UNP1) networking event.
-Lastly at a convenience/grocery store chain for Strategic Advisor. R. was excited to inform that one of the key outcomes of the meeting was that he was not only identified as a potential partner but was also offered to act as their Strategic Advisor for a fee to be agreed upon based on daily/hourly rate. This is the third offer received by the client in less than three months into the TBG program, and R. is highly appreciative of the TBG methodology of coaching him on how to initiate, identify, engage, infiltrate, and leverage the network to showcase his value proposition.
5. Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client M. had two interviews.
-First at a commercial company as Consultant/ Owner’s Representative. M. was referred to the hiring company by one of his ex-colleagues for networking (UNP1) and, during the meeting, the hiring manager offered M. an opportunity to support their venture as an owner’s representative / strategic consultant on a fee to be agreed linked with time and performance.
-Then at a management company as Logistics Advisor / Consultant. M. was offered the opportunity during an informational / networking meeting (UNP1) with one of his former contacts in a ship management company. M. will be the company’s official representative in the region as an advisor for business transformation and digital platforms and be remunerated based on performance and productivity.
1. Lori Chevalier’s client L.
-First at an equity company for Mgr. The compensation is at $195K from a job posting.
-Next at a real estate developer. The Compensation is at $175K.
2. Lori Chevalier’s client W.
-First at an animal health company for a GM opportunity. This is his 3rd interview.
-Next at an environmental services company with the VP.
-Lastly at a farming company for an exploratory interview.
3. Anne Lipsitz and Waffles Natusch’s client T. at a technology company, for a Brand Manager position from UNP2-LinkedIn.
4. Julie Mathern’s client E. at for a Clinic Administrator position from a job posting. “I am going to be having a third interview for this role. The first two happened really quickly! Their recruiter reached out to me. It is a new clinic right here [locally] opening the first of the year!”
5. Dan Resendes’s client N. at an arts and craft company from UNP1-Social Capital.
6. Asli Bilgin’s client A. at a manufacturing company for Managing Director from UNP2-LinkedIn.
7. Rob Wicker’s client J. at an insurance company for Field Marketing Specialist from UNP1-Social Capital.
8. Joan Sebring’s client B. at a credit card company for VP from UNP1-Social Capital.
9. Julie Mathern’s client W. at a large pharmaceutical company for Site Head.
1. Dan Resendes and Waffles Natusch’s client S. at a computer company for Head of Product from UNP2-LinkedIn.
2. Larry DiBoni’s client S. at a manufacturing company for Strategic VP of Sales.
3. Julie Mathern’s client J. at a second-hand repurposing store for VP Service Contracts from a 3rd Party Recruiter.
4. Asli Bilgin’s client D. at an HR company for Sales Director.
5. Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client R. at a customer support company for Mgr. from UNP1-Social Capital. R. reached out to one of his friends to reconnect per TBG guidelines and learned that the friend is relocating to another location, so there is an opportunity to replace the friend’s position in the company. The friend asked R. to share his CV and referred him to the hiring manager for an interview.
6. Rob Wicker’s client F. at a tax service company from UNP1-Social Capital.
7. Julie Mathern’s client S.
-First at an eyewear retailer for VP of Operations from UNP1-Social Capital.
-And at a university for AVP of Marketing position.
8. Lori Chevalier’s client O. at an outdoor sports store for SVP.
9. Larry DiBoni’s client D. at an energy solution company for VP Product Development from UNP1-Social Capital.
10. Lori Chevalier’s client E. at a manufacturing company for Wastewater Regional Account Manager.
11. Isabelita Castilho’s client F. at a world marketing company for CFO.
12. Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client Z. at a global company for Market Lead.
13. Next Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client R. at an ingredient company for Partner/ Advisor from UNP1-Social Capital.
14. Anne Lipsitz’s client G. at hydrogen electric plant for Head of Finance.
15. Lori Chevalier’s client B. had three interviews
-First at a furniture corporation for Director.
-Next at an online retailer for Individual Contributor Role.
-Then at an IT Security Company for Individual Contributor Role.
16. George Schulz’s client D. a engine equipment manufacturing company from UNP1-Social Capital.
17. Ramesh Shivakumaran’s client A. had 7 interviews in the Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Industry for Manager level positions.
18. Larry Diboni’s client L. at a medical insurance program for Exec. Dir. of Healthcare Quality from UNP2-LinkedIn.
19. Isabelita Castilho’s client S.
-First at a company for CEO from UNP1-Social Capital.
-Next at a family practice for CEO from UNP1-Social Capital.
Interview with a Recruiter
1. Client E. at a corporate office for GM.
1. Client M. leaves a 5 star review!
“I have had the privilege of engaging The Barrett Group (TBG) for career management services and working with Ramesh Shivakumaran as my executive career coach & consultant; the experience so far has been fantastic. Ramesh and TBG provided me with a very high level of expertise, professionalism, and commendable dedication. I am happy to share my positive experience with TBG and recommend their services to anyone seeking similar support. TBG and team have taken the time to understand my requirements to customize the program. TBG has a very structured approach, and I am happy to have engaged in the program. And I am looking forward to achieving my goals and objectives in collaboration with TBG’s support and guidance on my career progression.”
2. Lori Chevalier’s client B. shares about his experience working with Subject Matter Expert, Vivek Agarwal:
“I just finished with Vivek and the ONLY thing is can say is WOW! He was amazing! I feel much more confident after talking with him!”
3. Paula Nordhoff’s client S. says,
“Paula Nordhoff , thank you so much for your time and counseling last week! It was a great help to be able to talk things through. I feel better prepared to respond to questions that are connected to big vs small organizations.”
4. Client C. to Isabelita Castilho:
“I am very happy with the progress of the program so far. I am learning and putting it to practice right away.”
5. Dan Resendes received this note from client M.:
“I had my Teams call with [company] yesterday. Today I got a call back from [company] and they were able to “close the gap.” So I will receive either today or tomorrow (due to the time difference) the updated offer. Thank you for everything and I’ll follow up next week. More details to follow… Thank you for everything and I’ll follow up next week!”
6. Client I. shared with Paula Nordhoff:
“I’m so glad to be under your mentorship, after our very productive and thoughtful meeting! Wonderful having you near!”
7. Anne Lipsitz’ about client H.’s experience with Barbara Limmer:
“Thank you for sharing that the interview process prep with Barbara Limmer was SO beneficial to seeing where you could improve and Barbara’s coaching was key to moving forward in interviews, I’m sure she’ll be happy to hear that.”
8. Client L. gives a 5-star review:
“It has been great working on the Barrett Group (TBG) executive program with Ramesh as my executive coach and consultant. During our weekly interactions, TBG provided insightful assessments, actionable recommendations, and a comprehensive roadmap tailored to my objectives. I clearly see their expertise in understanding the industry trends, opportunities, and challenges and aligning them with my strengths. And I am presently balancing my time between work and personal commitments. Still, I see the path is the right one, and whenever I spend some time on the agreed actions recommended by TBG, I see something moving, and I will continue driving toward my goals. Overall, I am very happy with the program and looking forward to boosting my efforts to follow the guidelines in collaboration with Ramesh and the TBG team.”
10. Isabelita Castilho shares about her client E.:
“Client E. is filled with enthusiasm about the recruiter’s mailing campaign. He is being considered for a CFO position through a third-party recruiter. E. has engaged in a significant exchange of 50 email messages related to this campaign. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for E. as the job opportunity entails relocating.”