- R. (see below) followed his team’s advice and successfully negotiated his offer from a company that facilitates returns for online companies up and has accepted! That’s what we do, and this is how we do it!
- Paula’s client M. has landed as CTO at a cloud-based video management company!
- R. received his written offer from a company that facilitates returns for online companies for the Director of Finance position. Greg pulled Dan in to go through 100+ lines of strategy on the Compensation Foundation spreadsheet and they are in the heat of battle to get R. the best final offer!
- Julie rounds the bend with M. as he continues his negotiations with a lithium ion battery technology company. His goal will be to raise $15 million as soon as possible, that’s when his full deal kicks in. Best news: The Board is on board!
- Anne is so excited for L., she says her offer is so well deserved! She would have had it in hand in April, but COVID-19 delayed it; we are glad to see they are now going forward. She will be Director Institutional Effectiveness & Accreditation Liaison Officer for a private university focused on health sciences. BIG move!
- Paula is delighted: E. just got the offer as Ops Director for a large online retailer!
- P. tells Julie that there is an internal opportunity at his current company and the process is moving forward!
INTERVIEWS PROGRESS NONETHELESS:
- D. is in third round interviews at an elevator corporation and Greg is cheering him on!
- Greg is amazed at R.! He networked his way into the first three interviews with a national wholesale florist, including one with the 82-year-old Chairman. One more and he will spend a day at their office to meet the team. R.’s been taking 10-12 hours of LinkedIn classes each week, and while unemployed he earned both his green and black belts in Lean Six Sigma. We don’t think he’s even heard of COVID-19!
- Paula tells us G. is interviewing for a BPS Business Strategist role with the Director & Contact Center Operations Leader at a software solutions provider. Good luck, G.!
- M. updated Waffles on his activities, which included a second interview with a distributor for building materials and a first interview with the CEO of a spring manufacturer, who had put an open letter on LinkedIn looking for a COO to help him build the company. M. followed Waffles’ advice and sent the CEO an InMail on LinkedIn and they had their first phone call the very next day!
- R. got an interview with an international electronics group next week for VP of Legal & Contracts. He will speak with the CEO, COO, and two other people over a video conference, most likely on Monday. Vivek has him set up for a mock interview in preparation.
- G. was pleased to tell Paula that he has an interview for a CEO position in a startup backed up by the biggest retailer in Switzerland!
- George checked in with the weekly B. interviews: a first with a financial institution in New York, and an unexpected second interview with a Midwestern financial services firm after several weeks of silence. Now they are telling him to expect another call next week. Keep up the coaching, George!
- Paula’s client J. has begun interviews with a large online retailer for Station Operations Manager, yay, another one!
- O., two weeks into the program:
“Thanks Greg. I have been using your recommendations on social engagement and it is working. Through that I have a first interview as a Regional Vice President for [a national gas station and convenience store chain] tomorrow evening and another lead with a private business [on the East Coast].”
- George received this from D.:
“Thank you for your time today. Our session was very rewarding and the People Search to continue to define my Social Capital ties together some of the loopholes I previously had questions about, so thank you.”
- George from S.:
“Thanks, George. Your continued advice greatly assists, and has contributed in a positive way with [an engineering services company] as training oneself to adopt the strategy to (perpetually) look for ‘social capital’ in all interactions and processes has caused me to expand my contacts; just today in fact.”
- From George to Dan:
“Not sure I properly thanked you for the incredible work you did on M.’s documents. I can’t thank you enough, and M. is extremely pleased. It was a huge amount of work and you did a magnificent job.”
- From M. to George, who helped him finally stand up to his boss:
“Thanks for encouraging me to do this…helping me confront and not avoid the possible confrontation…you helped me a lot George!”