- Dan hopped on a conference call with Anne and M. to brainstorm on his offer from IBM. M. liked the approach and countered the base salary offer of $174 with $280, which they accepted. Then he asked for a $20K sign on bonus, and they countered with $15K, which M. has accepted. Go, team!
- Julie cracked us up when she told us D. interviewed and received her offer on the golf course! Her new position is Project Finance Analyst.
- L. (from back in 2014) reached out to his old friend Mike Vignery to let us know he was selected competitively as a State Director. This makes him positioned for the Regional Director spot in a year or two. That would be as high as you can go in the career civil service and retirement within a few years. “I want to thank you and all the folks there at TBG for making all of this possible. I certainly could not have found or landed these jobs by myself.”
- R. religiously followed Waffles’ advice about how to infiltrate a target company, and after building relationships with several carefully chosen executives, the word got around and he’s interviewing at a large research organization for a senior executive role in their CPG/Retail practice.
- R. told George he thought his interview with an aerospace company went well and is expecting a follow up shortly.
- Anne tells us that H.has a second interview with a large research organization (he’s ahead of R. by a nose!), and a new interview with a capital management company.
- Lori, Dan and Waffles have all been working with S. as he needed a great deal of extra attention; it’s paying off: he has an interview with a global financial services firm!
- Anne is delighted that H. is being interviewed by the CEO about the GC position at an education technology company!
- George was pleased his strategy is working for C.: he will be interviewed for a position of Technical Program Manager.
- Dan jumped right in to help E. when he found out she has an interview next week with a ride service. She just sent in her survey today, she hasn’t even started!
- George was pleased to see his Job Search Disciple, S., has moved her pawn to the red square with an interview for Director, Software Engineering – Customer Service Technology at a sports apparel company.
- Lori tells us T. has a second interview at a health care provider for a Director of Fraud Prevention & Recovery role.
- V. had his first interview directly with the hiring manager at a research organization, but he didn’t stop there! He has another interview lined up with a unique Canadian start-up foundry that incubates cutting-edge technology companies, based on research taken straight from major university labs.
- M. told George he was excited to get the call for an interview with the HR Director of an electronics company.
- B. finally took Waffles’ advice and pursued her dreams instead of chasing job postings. The CEO of a reforestation project invited her to learn more. Here’s what she told me:
- My meeting was FANTASTIC! He spent 2 hours with me and ended up saying that he has a great feeling about me, and that he believes in hiring good people even when you’re not sure yet how they fit in. We talked a lot about his organization (which is growing at an insane pace) and what their current needs are, and he took me around and introduced me to all the employees (about a dozen). I’m pretty sure he’s going to offer me a position, just not sure what/when/how much, etc. But I’m excited. He invited me to attend their International Operations meeting next week, so I’m going back next Friday.